NACA Job Recruitment 2021 – We are glad to inform the general public that National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) recruitment is ongoing. Interested candidates should read the job requirements and the link in this article to apply.
The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) is an organisation charged with the responsibility of facilitating the development and management of the policies and strategies of all sectors to ensure the human, financial and organizational resources to support the successful execution of the national HIV/AIDS response programme in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer to provide Technical Assistance to NASCP Accounts / Finance Unit
Ref. No.: NACA / GF / FO2021
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 12 months
- The objective of the engagement of a Finance Officer is to support the National AIDS and STIs Control Programme (NASCP) to carry out all the Financial procedures required to successfully account for all the funds it receives for the implementation of HIV health sector activities.
Support the NASCP Finance Team lead to:
- Manage all project assets and stock items, ensuring a satisfactory level of accountability and internal control at all times;
- Monitor accurate cashbooks for all the bank accounts;
- Ensure regular and timely bank reconciliation and following up on all reconciling items;
- Review the retirements of advances to staff to ensure that advances are retired with acceptable documentation and vouchers,
- Regular review of insurance status, particularly for most- at-risk assets e.g. vehicles;
- Analyze monthly expenditure, raising alerts when overspends/under-spends are identified.
- Support the NASCP finance team in the Preparation of receipts, payment vouchers and follow up for necessary approval/signature;
- Posting on daily basis, of financial transactions data into the NASCP computerized accounting software;
- Keep accurate record of all books of accounts and ensuring that all accounting records are consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Variance analysis and forecasting
- Follow up on staff advances to ensure timely retirement including a necessary refund of unspent funds;
- Review existing advance policy for effectiveness and where required, propose new strategies for effective advance management;
- Ensure advances to suppliers do not exceed the stipulated limit in the Procurement manual;
- Compare the balance of all unretired advances to the total advances within the period to identify trends and report unusual patterns;
- Any other duties assigned by the Head of the Accounts Unit.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Account or its equivalent
- Professional Accountant with ICAN certification or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge and proven experience in accounting and finance
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and work well with people.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to work effectively under pressure.
- Good understanding of and experience with budgets.
- Good understanding of and experience with financial reporting and compliance with donor requirements (experience working on a Global Fund funded project will be an added advantage)
S/he will be paid competitive fees for the agreed duration based on qualification and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Notes / Disclaimer
- You shall get acquainted with the global fund code of conduct for suppliers using this link below: https://www.theglobalfund.org/media/3275/corporate_codeofconductforsuppliers_policy_en.pdf Responding to this advert shall serve as an acknowledgement and agreement to abide by the Global Fund Code of Conduct for Suppliers.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify candidates with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, a candidate may face prosecution in a court of law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified candidates as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement shall not be construed as a contract to any applicant, nor shall it entitle any candidate submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any candidate and reserves the right to annul the recruitment process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing a reason
Application Deadline 10th May, 2021.