Nigeria Red Cross Society Recruitment 2021 –This is to inform the general public that the Nigeria Red Cross Society (NRCS) is recruiting suitably qualified candidates into their organization. Interested candidates should follow the job procedures contained in this article.
The Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) was established through an Act of the Parliament in 1960 to complement public authorities in humanitarian interventions with the mandate to prevent and alleviate human suffering at times of peace or conflict, and to support individuals and communities to respond effectively to emergencies, without any form of discrimination as to class, gender, race, political opinions or religion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Laboratory Consultant
Locations: Benue, Cross River and Taraba
- Nigerian Red Cross Society is seeking for committed and skilled Clinical Laboratory professionals to support UNHCR/NRCS projects to improve laboratory practices in PHCs and selected secondary care facilities across Benue, Cross River and Taraba states to meet the UNHCR minimum requirements of Laboratory services in UNHCR supported PHCs.
Public Health Center (PHC) Locations
- Adikpo LGA, Benue (Abande PHC , Ikyogen PHC)
- Akampa, Calabar South, Boki, Etung, Obanliku, Ogoja LGA Cross River (Osomba, NRCS Clinic, Bashua, Bashu, Biajua, Danare II, Orimekpang, Agbokim, Ajassor, Amana, Upranch, Utanga, Adagom and Ukende PHC)
- Takum LGA, Taraba (TY Danjuma, Shibong PHC)
Terms of reference/Scope of the Consultancy
Consultants will be expected to support the following:
- Strengthening the capacity of Lab Technicians in all supported facilities and selected General Hospitals by providing on-site and off-site training and laboratory guidance.
- Support the Primary Health Care Development Agencies (PHCDA) in supported states to develop or domesticate laboratory quality management manuals including drafting and domesticating procedural guidelines and SOPs for tests performed in the UNHCR supported facilities as contained in theUNHCR minimum requirements of laboratory services in UNHCR supported PHCs or as required by the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA).
- Support Laboratories in PHCs towards improvement as contained in Strengthening Laboratory Management Toward Accreditation (SLMTA) guidelines or drive laboratories towards meeting ISO15189 or CLSI quality system essentials for all tests performed in the PHCs.
- Support improvement of infection control practices in PHCs and PHC laboratories
- Set up quality assurance programme for the laboratories.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Consultant Pathologist (Laboratory Medicine Physician) or Medical Lab Scientist from a reputable Higher Institution.
- At least 5 years’ experience in teaching Laboratory Medicine or Medical Laboratory Science in a tertiary institution in Nigeria
- Due to the hard-to-reach terrain of the PHC locations, willingness and capacity to travel to difficult and frustrating working conditions and long distance walking is required.
- High level of integrity
- Excellent report writing skills and ability to develop standard operating procedures.
- At least 5 academic publications in reputable peer reviewed academic journals in field of Laboratory medicine or medical laboratory science
- Good Bench experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified consultants should send their CVs and cover letter as one document in PDF format saved with their name to: email@example.com Subject of the e-mail: “Laboratory Consultant 2021”.
- Kindly note that applications that do not follow this specification will be disqualified.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
23rd July, 2021