How to Apply for Subsea 7 Job Recruitment 2021 – Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. We provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vessel Superintendent
Job ID: 72990
Employment Type: Contract
Business Area: Subsea & Conventional
- The Vessel Superintendent is accountable for maintaining the asset in safe condition and in compliance with specification and class, ensuring maximized availability, reliability and efficiency of the vessel(s), permanent equipment and crew, while adhering to the approved budgets. The Vessel Superintendent will drive and promote HSEQ behaviour on the vessel.
- The role will be part of the Fleet and Equipment group reporting to the Fleet Manager. The Vessel Master and Chief Engineer will report to the Vessel Superintendent.
- The role will involve building and maintaining strong working relationships with Regional Clients, Vessel Owners, Crew Management Companies and internal Project Teams.
- Partnership with Master and Chief Engineer to execute IMO, class, flag and ISM responsibilities which lie with Offshore Resources (OR).
- To enthusiastically pursue, actively demonstrate and foster an exemplary Safety culture and practice on-board the ships, and where requested, to align, sponsor and support all HSEQ activities driven by the Territory.
- Prepare and present on a monthly basis technical, financial and safety reviews
- Ensure the vessel remains within ‘Class’ and Flag state requirements are maintained
- Ensure the vessel(s) under her/his management complies with relevant industry standards and guidance, in particular IMCA.
- Monitor and report on catering performance, together with the Master,
- To prepare, propose and monitor a budget for the maintenance and repair of the asset and related consumables as well as for any required onshore support.
- To organise engineering and technical support required for the technical definition of the capacity growth CAPEX as well as costing of their execution.
- With the support of Offshore staffing, permanently maintain an adequate and cost effective marine crew and team of technicians.
- Ensure that preventive and corrective maintenance are scheduled in close coordination with the territory Operations Manager for minimum impact on projects, and are performed within budget and in accordance with the applicable requirements and the standards set by OR.
- To manage the planning, preparation and execution of major works, such as dry docking and Capex works, ensuring timely definition of scope of work and schedule.
- To proactively participate in the improvement of the maintenance procedures, standards and policies.
- Ensure that Ships inventory for spares and consumables is managed effectively, utilising critical spare part assessment and operating within budgetary requirements.
- Perform the PMR of the Captain and Chief Engineer, assisting with development aims as required
Qualification and Requirements
- Chief Engineer Unlimited CoC, with time in rank preferred
- Offshore experience / onshore management of Offshore Industry Vessels
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communicator, with ability to interface with management and offshore personnel
- Fully fluent in English language, both verbal and written is essential.
- Previous or current work experience in West Africa, preferably Nigeria
- In depth knowledge of ship’s capability and operating limits
- In depth knowledge of IMO, class & flag and ISM requirements
- Knowledge of engineering and operations of offshore construction
- Strong leadership, managerial and organisational skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Application Deadline 10th June, 2021.