WaterAid Job Recruitment 2021/2022 – This is to inform the general public that WaterAid is recruiting interested applicants into their company. Interested candidates should follow the application guidelines contained in this article.
WaterAid is an international non-for-profit organization dedicated to helping people break free from poverty and disease, unlock their potential and change their lives for good through improved access to clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene. WaterAid started its operation in Nigeria in 1995. Since then it has successfully executed several intervention programmes as outlined by its objectives and has made impact in the lives of the very poor. WaterAid with the country office in Abuja currently works in Bauchi, Enugu and Plateau States with funding from various donors and partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Assistant
Duration: 2 years, Fixed term
Employment type: Full time
- The Communications Assistant will provide support to the Communications and Media team in all aspects of communications, media and the team’s support to country programme campaigns and advocacy efforts
- He/she will play an important role in supporting our social media advocacy, advocacy to stakeholders, events organisation, publications, documentation and several campaigns.
- Successfully promote and strengthen the profile of WaterAid Nigeria through the media and other exhibition opportunities.
- Facilitate communications and media needs for WASH campaigns, WaterAid key events and coordinate support to Civil Society and Media Networks.
- Coordinate WaterAid Nigeria’s support to national and state level media and CSO networks.
- Research and develop content for press statements, speeches, popular campaign materials, briefing notes, media publications, newsletters, bulletins, blogs and case studies.
- Implement WaterAid’s communication strategy in Nigeria and ensure compliance with all branding requirements in the Country Programme.
- Follow-up on advocacy efforts to key stakeholders.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University Degree in Mass Communication or relevant Social Sciences
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in the area of communication and or media relations.
- Strong English writing and oral skills.
- Knowledge of website/content management systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Team player.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience in preparing reports and case studies.
- Knowledge of/ experience of photography and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills – Communicating information and ideas in writing and speaking so others will easily understand.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team setting.
- Ability to deliver work on time and to a high standard.
- Show Initiative and be creative – willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Ability to organise events, meetings and campaigns with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate, including strong online research skills and Microsoft packages.
- Experience and ability in taking good pictures; in using publishing and layout software (such as Adobe Indesign) and photo software such as Photoshop will be an added advantage.
- Must be organised, able to plan and prioritise.
- 2 years’ development experience, preferably in WASH sector.
- Communication skills.
- Articulate with above average presentation skills.
- Knowledge of layout and publishing software.
- Existing links and network within the WASH sector.
- Ability to travel.
- Time management and ability to prioritise tasks.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual and multi-country team.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply