World Bank Group Nigeria Job Recruitment 2021 – This is to inform the general public that World Bank Group Nigeria is recruiting eligible and interested candidates into their company. All you need in order to successfully apply for this job is contained in this article.
The World Bank Group – Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Energy Specialist
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Term Duration: 4 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English
- IAWE4 seeks a Energy Specialist based in Abuja, Nigeria to support the Africa Energy program’s strategic, advisory, and operational work. Specifically, it is expected that the selected candidate will be providing technical and engineering support to teams on project preparation and implementation, including policy and analytical work to be carried out as part of overall energy program, supporting donor coordination and liaising with local and international counterparts (including the private sector), as necessary.
- The Nigeria Energy Sector Program is also addressing the response to the economic shock related COVID-19 and oil market downturn through restructuring of some of the current projects in the energy sector portfolio.
- The Nigeria energy team also supports the implementation of interconnection projects within the West Africa Power Pool and anticipates further engagement in regional electricity interconnection projects across West Africa and Central Africa Power Pools.
- Lead technical engineering work (policy dialogue, lending and supervision, AAA) for Projects of the Nigeria Energy Sector Portfolio especially on transmission, distribution and off grid renewable energy applications;
- Work as core team member on procurement of transmission SCADA, smart meters, mini grid development, solar home systems, solar rooftop development teams on technical aspects and project management;
- Actively participate in overseeing World Bank-supported energy country program in Nigeria with the aim to enhance quality and pro-poor focus and accelerate implementation;
- Work with IFC and MIGA for a WBG collaboration on potential PPP opportunities in Nigeria;
- Develop and maintain close relationships with local public and private stakeholders, support policy dialogue and keep abreast of developments in the energy sector.
- Create partnerships with Nigerian stakeholders as well as donors on design and implementation of energy sector interventions;
- Supporting teams on strategic energy issues and implementation of the sub-region’s access agenda including implementation of Nigeria Electrification Program, increasing the participation of the private sector in energy;
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum education level is Master’s Degree as follows: a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with at least two years of experience on technical / engineering aspects of transmission or distribution sector (including off grid applications) of power sector is essential and a Master’s level Degree in Engineering, Energy Planning, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or equivalent area;
- At least 5 years of total relevant experience in the energy sector with demonstrated ability to engage credibly on a range of issues in the energy sector in different regions;
- Prior experience of having worked in Nigeria power sector based in Nigeria for at least two years is essential requirement;
- Problem solving and solution driven approach backed by a passion for cross sectoral development challenges;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to build strong partnerships with clients, passion for development, ability to work different stakeholders and colleagues across units and departmental boundaries in a multi-cultural environment with virtual teams located in different countries;
- Good written and oral communication skills in English;
- Ability to communicate complex issues in simple terms and to engage in evidence-based dialogue with clients;
- Operational experience in recent technological advancements and business models;
- Operational experience in the following areas is highly desirable: energy policy and tariff regulation analysis and advisory, utility regulation, power market development and regional integration, off-grid electrification, gas-to-power Value Chain, project development and execution, utility commercialization and project finance;
- Hands-on project management experience, an ability to efficiently manage many activities simultaneously, a flair for problem-solving and an ability to self-navigate through complex bureaucratic environments;
- Knowledge and Experience in Development Arena – Understands policy making process; distills operationally relevant recommendations/lessons for clients.
- Policy Dialogue Skills – Identifies and assesses policy issues and plays an active role in the dialogue with the government and/or other stakeholders.
- Lead and Innovate – Develops innovative solutions.
- Deliver Results for Clients – Proactively addresses client’s stated and unstated needs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 26th April, 2021 at 11:59pm UTC